I’ve recently been evaluating iSCSI target drivers on my Mac. I tried several and I won’t bore you with those details but one, iSCSI Initiator X from KernSafe, did cause some issues following the evaluation. I wanted to capture the steps I needed to follow when I noticed severe performance issues following my evaluation period.Continue reading
I am providing support for Solaris Cluster again and have am now on a Mac (Hacintosh) using Vmware Fusion for my virtualization. Before you proceed with this tutorial, you must first install socat on the Mac as it is used to perform the console I/O redirection. I suggest using homebrew:
brew install socat
I recently had the need to install systemtap on one of my CentOS 7 VMs and the process isn’t as straight forward as it should be. It seems not all packages needed are built for all revisions of the kernel. After much searching, I managed to get this working and wanted to archive this procedure.
I wanted to capture the changes which need to be done to a fresh centos7 server install to support Oracle 12C. The server was installed with Basic Server using a 4GB swap device but before we can start the Oracle install, we need to prepare the system.
- 2 cups flax seed meal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10×15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Mix dry ingredients well – a whisk works well.
- Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren’t obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.
- Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it’s easy to spread.)
- Pour batter onto pan. Because it’s going to tend to mound in the middle, you’ll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.
- Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don’t need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula.
Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbohydrate (.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.
I recently had the need to update my shiny new FreeBSD jailed server because I wanted to migrate to WordPress. I didn’t want to bring down the existing server while I did the install and converted my content so I managed to clone my existing jailed server using warden:
warden export name_of_jail --dir=/directory_for_warden_file
This will take a while… Once done, you can import the warden file creating a new jail:
warden import jail_warden_file.wdn --host=jailbird --ipv4=192.168.1.105/24
You’ve now got a cloned jail and a template for creating other jailed servers.